thrombocytopenia: a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Lancet 2016;
71. Grainger JD, Locatelli F, Chotsampancharoen T,
et al. Eltrombopag for children with chronic
immune thrombocytopenia (PETIT2): a randomised, multicentre, placebo-controlled trial.
72. Stasi R, Sarpatwari A, Segal JB, et al. Effects of
eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in
patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura:
a systematic review. Blood 2009;113:1231–40.
73. Arnold DM, Bernotas A, Nazi I, et al. Platelet
count response to H. pylori treatment in patients
with immune thrombocytopenic purpura with and
without H. pylori infection: a systematic review.
Haematologica 2009;94:850– 6.
74. Aster RH, Bougie DW. Drug-induced immune
thrombocytopenia. N Engl J Med 2007;357:580– 7.
75. Reese JA, Li X, Hauben M, et al. Identifying drugs
that cause acute thrombocytopenia: an analysis
using 3 distinct methods. Blood 2010;116:2127–33.
76. Aster RH, Curtis BR, McFarland JG, Bougie DW.
Drug-induced immune thrombocytopenia: pathogenesis, diagnosis and management. J Thromb
77. Zondor SD, George JN, Medina PJ. Treatment
of drug-induced thrombocytopenia. Expert Opin
Drug Saf 2002;1:173–80.
78. George JN, Raskob GE, Shah SR, et al. Drug-induced thrombocytopenia: A systematic review
of published case reports. Ann Intern Med
79. Green D, Hougie C, Kazmier FJ, et al. Report
of the working party on acquired inhibitors of
coagulation: studies of the “lupus” anticoagulant.
Thromb Haemost 1983;49:144– 6.
80. Michel M, Chanet V, Dechartres A, et al. The spectrum of Evans syndrome in adults: new insight into
the disease based on the analysis of 68 cases. Blood
81. Dhingra KK, Jain D, Mandal S, et al. Evans syndrome: a study of six cases with review of literature.
82. Notarangelo LD. Primary immunodeficiencies
(PIDs) presenting with cytopenias. Hematology
Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2009:
83. Martinez-Valdez L, Deya-Martinez A, Giner MT,
et al. Evans syndrome as first manifestation of
primary immunodeficiency in clinical practice. J
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2017;39:490–4.
84. Shanafelt TD, Madueme HL, Wolf RC, Tefferi A.
Rituximab for immune cytopenia in adults: idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, autoimmune
hemolytic anemia, and Evans syndrome. Mayo Clin
85. Mantadakis E, Danilatou V, Stiakaki E, Kalmanti
M. Rituximab for refractory Evans syndrome and
other immune-mediated hematologic diseases. Am
J Hematol 2004;77:303– 10.
86. Jasinski S, Weinblatt ME, Glasser CL. Sirolimus
as an effective agent in the treatment of immune
thrombocytopenia (ITP) and Evans syndrome
(ES): a single institution’s experience. J Pediatr
Hematol Oncol 2017;39:420–4.
Access Interactive Board Review Questions
and Article Archives at: