www.mdedge.com/jcso/hphemonc Hematology-Oncology Volume 12, Part 6 21
Genomic Testing in Early-Stage Breast Cancer
of the breast-cancer index (BCI) assay, 21-gene
recurrence score, and IHC4 in the TransATAC
study population. Lancet Oncol 2013;14:1067–76.
41. Burstein HJ, Griggs JJ, Prestrud AA, Temin S.
American society of clinical oncology clinical practice guideline update on adjuvant endocrine therapy for women with hormone receptor-positive
breast cancer. J Oncol Pract 2010;6:243– 6.
42. Saphner T, Tormey DC, Gray R. Annual hazard
rates of recurrence for breast cancer after primary
therapy. J Clin Oncol 1996;14:2738–46.
43. Colleoni M, Sun Z, Price KN, et al. Annual hazard
rates of recurrence for breast cancer during 24 years
of follow-up: results from the International Breast
Cancer Study Group Trials I to V. J Clin Oncol 2016;34:
44. Davies C, Godwin J, Gray R, et al. Relevance of
breast cancer hormone receptors and other factors to the efficacy of adjuvant tamoxifen: patient-level meta-analysis of randomised trials. Lancet
45. Dowsett M, Forbes JF, Bradley R, et al. Aromatase
inhibitors versus tamoxifen in early breast cancer:
patient-level meta-analysis of the randomised trials.
46. Davies C, Pan H, Godwin J, et al. Long-term
effects of continuing adjuvant tamoxifen to 10
years versus stopping at 5 years after diagnosis of
oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer: ATLAS, a
randomised trial. Lancet 2013;381:805– 16.
47. Gray R, Rea D, Handley K, et al. a TTom: Long-term
effects of continuing adjuvant tamoxifen to 10 years
versus stopping at 5 years in 6,953 women with early
breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2013; 31 (suppl):5.
48. Goss PE, Ingle JN, Martino S, et al. Randomized
trial of letrozole following tamoxifen as extended
adjuvant therapy in receptor-positive breast cancer: updated findings from NCIC CTG MA. 17. J
Natl Cancer Inst 2005;97:1262–71.
49. Mamounas EP, Jeong JH, Wickerham DL, et
al. Benefit from exemestane as extended adjuvant therapy after 5 years of adjuvant tamoxifen:
intention-to-treat analysis of the National Surgical
Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B- 33 trial. J Clin
50. Filipits M, Nielsen TO, Rudas M, et al. The PAM50
risk-of-recurrence score predicts risk for late distant
recurrence after endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early
breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2014;20:1298–305.
51. Sestak I, Cuzick J, Dowsett M, et al. Prediction of
late distant recurrence after 5 years of endocrine
treatment: a combined analysis of patients from
the Austrian breast and colorectal cancer study
group 8 and arimidex, tamoxifen alone or in combination randomized trials using the PAM50 risk of
recurrence score. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:916–22.
52. Dubsky P, Brase JC, Jakesz R, et al. The EndoPredict
score provides prognostic information on late
distant metastases in ER+/HER2- breast cancer
patients. Br J Cancer 2013;109:2959–64.
53. Buus R, Sestak I, Kronenwett R, et al. Comparison
of EndoPredict and EPclin with Oncotype DX
Recurrence Score for prediction of risk of distant
recurrence after endocrine therapy. J Natl Cancer
54. Muller BM, Keil E, Lehmann A, et al. The
EndoPredict gene-expression assay in clinical practice - performance and impact on clinical decisions. PLoS One 2013;8:e68252.
55. Sgroi DC, Chapman JA, Badovinac-Crnjevic T, et al.
Assessment of the prognostic and predictive utility
of the Breast Cancer Index (BCI): an NCIC CTG
MA. 14 study. Breast Cancer Res 2016;18:1.
56. Sgroi DC, Carney E, Zarrella E, et al. Prediction
of late disease recurrence and extended adjuvant
letrozole benefit by the HOXB13/IL17BR biomarker. J Natl Cancer Inst 2013;105:1036–42.
57. Sanft T, Aktas B, Schroeder B, et al. Prospective
assessment of the decision-making impact of the
Breast Cancer Index in recommending extended
adjuvant endocrine therapy for patients with early-stage ER-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res