and darbepoetin in adult patients with cancer. Blood
41. Preston NJ, Hurlow A, Brine J, Bennett MI. Blood transfusions for anaemia in patients with advanced cancer.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012( 2):CD009007.
42. Minton O, Stone PC. A comparison of cognitive function, sleep and activity levels in disease-free breast cancer
patients with or without cancer-related fatigue syndrome.
BMJ Support Palliat Care 2012;2:231– 8.
43. Heckler CE, Garland SN, Peoples AR, et al. Cognitive
behavioral therapy for insomnia, but not armodafinil,
improves fatigue in cancer survivors with insomnia: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Support Care Cancer
44. Howell D, Oliver TK, Keller-Olaman S, et al. Sleep disturbance in adults with cancer: a systematic review of evidence
for best practices in assessment and management for clinical practice. Ann Oncol 2014;25:791–800.
45. Wilt TJ, MacDonald R, Brasure M, et al. Pharmacologic
treatment of insomnia disorder: an evidence report for
a clinical practice guideline by the American College of
Physicians. Ann Intern Med 2016;165:103–12.
46. Kuriyama A, Honda M, Hayashino Y. Ramelteon for the
treatment of insomnia in adults: a systematic review and
meta-analysis. Sleep Med 2014;15:385–92.
47. Strasser F, Palmer JL, Schover LR, et al. The impact of
hypogonadism and autonomic dysfunction on fatigue,
emotional function, and sexual desire in male patients
with advanced cancer: a pilot study. Cancer 2006;107:
48. Agasi-Idenburg SC, Thong MS, Punt CJ, et al. Comparison
of symptom clusters associated with fatigue in older and
younger survivors of colorectal cancer. Support Care Cancer 2017;25:625–32.
49. Miaskowski C, Aouizerat BE. Is there a biological basis for
the clustering of symptoms? Semin Oncol Nurs 2007;23:
50. de Raaf PJ, de Klerk C, Timman R, et al. Systematic monitoring and treatment of physical symptoms to alleviate
fatigue in patients with advanced cancer: a randomized
controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:716–23.
51. Barsevick AM, Whitmer K, Sweeney C, Nail LM. A pilot
study examining energy conservation for cancer treatment-related fatigue. Cancer Nurs 2002;25:333–41.
52. Barsevick AM, Dudley W, Beck S, et a;. A randomized
clinical trial of energy conservation for patients with cancer-related fatigue. Cancer 2004;100:1302–10.
53. Luciani A, Jacobsen PB, Extermann M, et al. Fatigue and
functional dependence in older cancer patients. Am J Clin
54. Abrahams HJ, Gielissen MF, Goedendorp MM, et al.
A randomized controlled trial of web-based cognitive
behavioral therapy for severely fatigued breast cancer
survivors (CHANGE-study): study protocol. BMC Cancer
55. Quesnel C, Savard J, Simard S, et al. Efficacy of cogni-tive-behavioral therapy for insomnia in women treated
for nonmetastatic breast cancer. J Consult Clin Psychol
56. Goedendorp MM, Gielissen MF, Verhagen CA, Bleijenberg
G. Psychosocial interventions for reducing fatigue during
cancer treatment in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev
57. Greiwe JS, Cheng B, Rubin DC, et al. Resistance exercise
decreases skeletal muscle tumor necrosis factor alpha in
frail elderly humans. FASEB J 2001;15:475–82.
58. Furmaniak AC, Menig M, Markes MH. Exercise for women
receiving adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Cochrane
Database Syst Rev 2016;( 9):CD005001.
59. Cramp F, Byron-Daniel J. Exercise for the management of
cancer-related fatigue in adults. Cochrane Database Syst
Rev 2012;( 11):CD006145.
60. Brown JC, Huedo-Medina TB, Pescatello LS, et al. Efficacy
of exercise interventions in modulating cancer-related
fatigue among adult cancer survivors: a meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011;20:123–33.
61. Steindorf K, Schmidt ME, Klassen O, et al. Randomized, controlled trial of resistance training in breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant radiotherapy: results on
cancer-related fatigue and quality of life. Ann Oncol
62. Bower JE, Bak K, Berger A, et al. Screening, assessment,
and management of fatigue in adult survivors of cancer: an American Society of Clinical oncology clinical
practice guideline adaptation. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:
63. Kenjale AA, Hornsby WE, Crowgey T, et al. Pre-exercise participation cardiovascular screening in a heterogeneous cohort of adult cancer patients. Oncologist 2014;19:
64. Oldervoll LM, Loge JH, Paltiel H, et al. The effect of a
physical exercise program in palliative care: A phase II
study. J Pain Symptom Manage 2006;31:421– 30.
65. Porock D, Kristjanson LJ, Tinnelly K, et al. An exercise
intervention for advanced cancer patients experiencing
fatigue: a pilot study. J Palliat Care 2000;16: 30–6.
66. Lengacher CA, Kip KE, Reich RR, et al. A cost-effective mindfulness stress reduction program: a randomized
control trial for breast cancer survivors. Nursing Econ
2015;33:210– 8, 32.
67. Lengacher CA, Reich RR, Post-White J, et al. Mindfulness
based stress reduction in post-treatment breast cancer
patients: an examination of symptoms and symptom clusters. J Behav Med 2012;35:86–94.
68. Sprod LK, Fernandez ID, Janelsins MC, et al. Effects
of yoga on cancer-related fatigue and global side-effect
burden in older cancer survivors. J Geriatr Oncol
69. Wang G, Wang S, Jiang P, Zeng C. [Effect of Yoga on
cancer related fatigue in breast cancer patients with che-motherapy]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban
70. Stan DL, Croghan KA, Croghan IT, et al. Randomized pilot
trial of yoga versus strengthening exercises in breast cancer
survivors with cancer-related fatigue. Support Care Cancer
71. Larkey LK, Roe DJ, Weihs KL, et al. Randomized controlled trial of Qigong/Tai Chi Easy on cancer-related
fatigue in breast cancer survivors. Ann Behav Med
72. Molassiotis A, Bardy J, Finnegan-John J, et al. Acupuncture
for cancer-related fatigue in patients with breast cancer:
a pragmatic randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol
73. Deng G, Chan Y, Sjoberg D, et al. Acupuncture for
the treatment of post-chemotherapy chronic fatigue: a