91. Twelves C, Wong A, Nowacki MP, et al. Capecitabine as adjuvant treatment for stage III colon cancer. N Engl J Med 2005;352:2696–704.
92. de Gramont A, Vignoud J, Tournigand C, et al. Oxaliplatin with high-dose leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil 48-hour continuous infusion in
pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer 1997;33:214–9.
93. Diaz-Rubio E, Sastre J, Zaniboni A, et al. Oxaliplatin as single agent in
previously untreated colorectal carcinoma patients: a phase II multicentric study. Ann Oncol 1998;9:105–8.
94. André T, de Gramont A, Vernerey D, et al. Adjuvant fluorouracil,
leucovorin, and oxaliplatin in Stage II to III Colon Cancer: Updated
10-Year Survival and Outcomes According to BRAF mutation and
mismatch repair status of the MOSAIC Study. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:
95. Andre T, Boni C, Mounedji-Boudiaf L, et al. Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil,
and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancer. N Engl J Med
96. Kuebler JP, Wieand HS, O’Connell MJ, et al. Oxaliplatin combined
with weekly bolus fluorouracil and leucovorin as surgical adjuvant
chemotherapy for stage II and III colon cancer: results from NSABP
C-07. J Clin Oncol 2007;25:2198–204.
97. Haller DG, Tabernero J, Maroun J, et al. Capecitabine plus oxaliplatin
compared with fluorouracil and folinic acid as adjuvant therapy for
stage III colon cancer. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:1465–71.
98. Schmoll HJ, et al. Capecitabine plus oxaliplatin compared with fluoroura-cil/folinic acid as adjuvant therapy for stage III colon cancer: final results
of the NO16968 randomized controlled phase III trial. J Clin Oncol
99. Colucci G, Gebbia V, Paoletti G, et al. Phase III randomized trial of
FOLFIRI versus FOLFOX4 in the treatment of advanced colorectal
cancer: a multicenter study of the Gruppo Oncologico Dell’Italia
Meridionale. J Clin Oncol 2005;23:4866–75.
100. Tournigand C, André T, Achille E, et al. FOLFIRI followed by
FOLFOX6 or the reverse sequence in advanced colorectal cancer: a
randomized GERCOR study. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:229–37.
101. Hurwitz H, Fehrenbacher L, Novotny W, et al. Bevacizumab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin for metastatic colorectal cancer.
N Engl J Med 2004;350:2335–42.
102. Saltz LB, et al. Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin-based
chemotherapy as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a
randomized phase III study. J Clin Oncol 2008;26:2013–9.
103. Cremolini C, Loupakis F, Ruzzo A, et al. Predictors of benefit in
colorectal cancer treated with cetuximab: are we getting “Lost in
TranslationAL”? J Clin Oncol 2010;28:e173–4.
104. Sorich MJ, Wiese MD, Rowland D, et al. Extended RAS mutations
and anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody survival benefit in metastatic
colorectal cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials.
Ann Oncol 2015;26: 13–21.
105. Grothey A, van Cutsem E, Sobrero A, et al. Regorafenib monotherapy
for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (CORRECT): an
international, multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3
trial. Lancet 2013;381(9863):303–12.
106. Saltz LB, Niedzwiecki D, Hollis D, et al. Irinotecan fluorouracil plus
leucovorin is not superior to fluorouracil plus leucovorin alone as adjuvant treatment for stage III colon cancer: results of CALGB 89803. J
Clin Oncol 2007;25:3456–61.
107. Van Cutsem E, et al. Randomized phase III trial comparing biweekly
infusional fluorouracil/leucovorin alone or with irinotecan in the
adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer: PETACC- 3. J Clin Oncol
108. Allegra CJ, et al. Bevacizumab in stage II-III colon cancer: 5-year up-
date of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project C-08
trial. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:359–64.
109. de Gramont A, et al. Bevacizumab plus oxaliplatin-based chemo-
therapy as adjuvant treatment for colon cancer (AVANT): a phase 3
randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2012;13:1225–33.
110. Alberts SR, et al. Effect of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin
with or without cetuximab on survival among patients with resected
stage III colon cancer: a randomized trial. JAMA 2012;307:1383–93.
111. Taieb J, et al. Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin with or
without cetuximab in patients with resected stage III colon cancer
(PETACC- 8): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol
112. Shi Q, Sobrero AF, Shields AF, et al. Prospective pooled analysis
of six phase III trials investigating duration of adjuvant (adjuvant)
oxaliplatin-based therapy ( 3 vs 6 months) for patients (pts) with stage
III colon cancer (CC): The IDEA (International Duration Evaluation
of Adjuvant chemotherapy) collaboration. In: Proceedings from the
American Society of Clinical Oncology; June 1–5, 2017; Chicago.
113. Quasar Collaborative Group; Gray R, Barnwell J, McConkey C, et al.
Adjuvant chemotherapy versus observation in patients with colorectal
cancer: a randomised study. Lancet 2007;370(9604):2020–9.
114. Efficacy of adjuvant fluorouracil and folinic acid in B2 colon cancer.
International Multicentre Pooled Analysis of B2 Colon Cancer Trials
(IMPACT B2) Investigators. J Clin Oncol 1999;17:1356–63.
115. Kidwell KM, et al. Long-term neurotoxicity effects of oxaliplatin
added to fluorouracil and leucovorin as adjuvant therapy for colon
cancer: results from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel
Project trials C-07 and LTS-01. Cancer 2012;118:5614–22.
116. Beijers AJ, Mols F, Vreugdenhil G. A systematic review on chronic
oxaliplatin-induced peripheral neuropathy and the relation with
oxaliplatin administration. Support Care Cancer 2014;22:1999–2007.
117. Mols F, Beijers T, Lemmens V, et al. Chemotherapy-induced neuropa-
thy and its association with quality of life among 2- to 11-year colorec-
tal cancer survivors: results from the population-based PROFILES
registry. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:2699–707.
118. Raphael MJ, Fischer HD, Fung K, et al. Neurotoxicity outcomes in a
population-based cohort of elderly patients treated with adjuvant oxali-
platin for colorectal cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer 2017 March 24.
119. Toki MI, Saif MW, Syrigos KN. Hypersensitivity reactions associated
with oxaliplatin and their clinical management. Expert Opin Drug
120. Siu SW, Chan RT, Au GK. Hypersensitivity reactions to oxaliplatin:
experience in a single institute. Ann Oncol 2006;17:259–61.
121. Wong JT, Ling M, Patil S, et al. Oxaliplatin hypersensitivity: evaluation,
implications of skin testing, and desensitization. J Allergy Clin Immu-
nol Pract 2014;2: 40–5.
122. Benson AB 3rd, Venook AP, Cederquist L, et al. NCCN Guidelines
Colon Cancer Version 2.2017. www.nccn.org/professionals/physi-
cian_gls/pdf/colon.pdf. Accessed May 8, 2017.
123. Wolmark N, Rockette H, Mamounas E, et al. Clinical trial to assess
the relative efficacy of fluorouracil and leucovorin, fluorouracil and
levamisole, and fluorouracil, leucovorin, and levamisole in patients
with Dukes’ B and C carcinoma of the colon: results from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project C-04. J Clin Oncol