www.turner-white.com Oncology Volume 11, Part 4 13
nilotinib: a review of adverse cutaneous reactions with
emphasis on our clinical experience. J Eur Acad Dermatol
47. Saglio G, Kim DW, Issaragrisil S, et al. Nilotinib versus
imatinib for newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia. N
Engl J Med 2010;362:2251–9.
48. Hehlmann R, Müller MC, Lauseker M, et al. Deep molecular response is reached by the majority of patients treated
with imatinib, predicts survival, and is achieved more
quickly by optimized high-dose imatinib: results from the
randomized CML-study IV. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:415–23.
49. Hochhaus A, Saglio G, Larson RA, et al. Nilotinib is associated with a reduced incidence of BCR-ABL mutations vs
imatinib in patients with newly diagnosed chronic myeloid
leukemia in chronic phase. Blood 2013;121:3703–8.
50. Aichberger KJ, Herndlhofer S, Schernthaner GH, et al.
Progressive peripheral arterial occlusive disease and other
vascular events during nilotinib therapy in CML. Am J Hematol 2011;86:533–9.
51. Cortes JE, Kantarjian HM, Brümmendorf TH, et al. Safety
and efficacy of bosutinib (SKI-606) in chronic phase Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia
patients with resistance or intolerance to imatinib. Blood
52. Giles FJ, Mauro MJ, Hong F, et al. Rates of peripheral
arterial occlusive disease in patients with chronic myeloid
leukemia in the chronic phase treated with imatinib, nilotinib, or non-tyrosine kinase therapy: a retrospective cohort
analysis. Leukemia 2013;27:1310–5.
53. Cortes JE, Kantarjian H, Shah NP, et al. Ponatinib in refractory Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias. N Engl
J Med 2012;367:2075–88.
54. Lipton JH, Chuah C, Guerci-Bresler A, et al. 519 Epic: A
Phase 3 Trial of Ponatinib Compared with Imatinib in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in
Chronic Phase (CP-CML). Presented at 56th ASH Annual
Meeting. San Francisco, CA. December 6–9, 2014.https://
Accessed May 12, 2015.
55. Cortes JE, Kim DW, Pinilla-Ibarz J, et al. A phase 2 trial of
ponatinib in Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias.
N Engl J Med 2013;369:1783–96.
56. Valent P, Hadzijusufovic E, Schernthaner GH, et al. Vascular safety issues in CML patients treated with BCR/ABL1
kinase inhibitors. Blood 2015;125:901–6.
57. Cortes J, Rousselot P, Kim DW, et al. Dasatinib induces
complete hematologic and cytogenetic responses in patients with imatinib-resistant or -intolerant chronic myeloid
leukemia in blast crisis. Blood 2007;109:3207–13.
58. Ohnishi K, Minami S, Ueda T, et al. Multicenter prospective
study of interferon-alpha and conventional chemotherapy
versus bone marrow transplantation for newly diagnosed
patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia. Kouseisho
Leukemia Study Group. Int J Hematol 2000;72:229–36.
59. Branford S, Rudzki, Harper A, et al. Imatinib produces significantly superior molecular responses compared to interferon alfa plus cytarabine in patients with newly diagnosed
chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase. Leukemia
60. O’Brien SG, Guilhot F, Larson RA, et al. Imatinib compared
with interferon and low-dose cytarabine for newly diagnosed chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia. N Engl J
61. White HE, Hedges J, Bendit I, et al. Establishment and
validation of analytical reference panels for the standardization of quantitative BCR-ABL1 measurements on the
international scale. Clin Chem 2013;59:938–48.
62. Lima L, Bernal-Mizrachi L, Saxe D, et al. Peripheral blood
monitoring of chronic myeloid leukemia during treatment
with imatinib, second-line agents, and beyond. Cancer
63. Kim DD, Lee H, Kamel-Reid S, Lipton JH. BCR-ABL1 transcript at 3 months predicts long-term outcomes following
second generation tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in the
patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia in chronic phase
who failed Imatinib. Br J Haematol 2013;160:630– 9.
64. Baccarani M, Deininger MW, Rosti G, et al. European
LeukemiaNet recommendations for the management of
chronic myeloid leukemia: 2013. Blood 2013;122:872–84.
65. Hochhaus A, O’Brien SG, Guilhot F, et al. Six-year follow-up of patients receiving imatinib for the first-line treatment
of chronic myeloid leukemia. Leukemia 2009;23:1054–61.
66. Hughes TP, Hochhaus A, Branford S, et al. Long-term
prognostic significance of early molecular response to
imatinib in newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia: an
analysis from the International Randomized Study of Interferon and STI571 (IRIS), Blood 2010;116:3758–65.
67. Luatti S, Castagnetti F, Marzocchi G, et al. Additional
chromosomal abnormalities in Philadelphia-positive clone:
adverse prognostic influence on frontline imatinib therapy: a GIMEMA Working Party on CML analysis. Blood
68. Baccarani M, Castagnetti F, Gugliotta G, Rosti G. A review
of the European LeukemiaNet recommendations for the
management of CML. Ann Hematol 2015;94 Suppl 2:141–7.
69. O’Brien S, Radich JP, Abboud CN, et al. Chronic myelogenous leukemia, version 1.2015. J Natl Compr Canc Netw
70. Mahon FX, Réa D, Guilhot J, et al. Discontinuation of
imatinib in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia who
have maintained complete molecular remission for at least
2 years: the prospective, multicentre Stop Imatinib (STIM)