14 Hospital Physician Board Review Manual www.turner-white.com
resection and stage I, II, or IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer
treated with adjuvant chemotherapy: the adjuvant Navelbine
International Trialist Association (ANITA) Randomized Trial.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008;72:695–701.
26. Robinson LA, Ruckdeschel JC, Wagner H Jr, et al. Treatment of non-small cell lung cancer-stage IIIA: ACCP
evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition).
Chest 2007;132( 3 Suppl):243S–265S.
27. Huber RM, Reck M, Thomas M. Current status and future strategies for multimodality treatment of unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. Eur Respir J
III study comparing chemotherapy and radiotherapy with
preoperative chemotherapy and surgical resection in
patients with non-small-cell lung cancer with spread to
mediastinal lymph nodes (N2); final report of RTOG 89-01.
Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol
29. van Meerbeeck JP, Kramer GW, Van Schil PE, et al. Randomized controlled trial of resection versus radiotherapy
after induction chemotherapy in stage IIIA-N2 non-small-cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2007;99:442–50.
30. Albain KS, Swann RS, Rusch VW, et al. Radiotherapy plus
chemotherapy with or without surgical resection for stage
III non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2009;374(9687):379–86.
31. Allen AM, Mentzer SJ, Yeap BY, et al. Pneumonec-tomy;after;chemoradiation:;the;Dana-Farber;Cancer;Insti-tute/Brigham and Women’s Hospital experience. Cancer
32. Weder W, Collaud S, Eberhardt WE, et al. Pneumonectomy is a valuable treatment option after neoadjuvant
therapy for stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. J Thorac
Cardiovasc Surg 2010;139:1424–30.
33. Koshy M, Fedewa SA, Malik R, et al. Improved survival associated with neoadjuvant chemoradiation in patients with
clinical stage IIIA(N2) non-small-cell lung cancer. J Thorac
Oncol 2013; 8:915–22.
34. Pless M, Stupp R, Ris H, et al. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy
with or without preoperative irradiation in stage IIIA/N2 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): A randomized phase III trial
by the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK
trial 16/00). J Clin Oncol 2013;31:Suppl. Abstract 7503.
35. Postoperative radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer:
systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient
data from nine randomised controlled trials. PORT Meta-analysis Trialists Group. Lancet 1998;352(9124):257–63.
36. PORT Meta-analysis Trialists Group. Postoperative radio-therapy;for;non-small;cell;lung;cancer.;Cochrane;Database
37. Amini A, Correa AM, Komaki R, et al. The role of consolidation therapy for stage III non-small cell lung cancer with
persistent N2 disease after induction chemotherapy. Ann
Thorac Surg 2012;94:914–20.
radiation and surgical resection for superior sulcus non-small-cell lung carcinomas: long-term results of Southwest
Oncology Group Trial 9416 (Intergroup Trial 0160). J Clin
comes for older adults with inoperable stage III non-small-cell
lung cancer treated with cisplatin, etoposide, and concurrent chest radiation with or without consolidation docetaxel:
analysis of a phase III trial from the Hoosier Oncology Group
(HOG) and US Oncology. Ann Oncol 2012;23:1730– 8.
40. Yamamoto N, Nakagawa K, Nishimura Y, et al. Phase III
study comparing second- and third-generation regimens
with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy in patients with unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: West Japan
Thoracic Oncology Group WJTOG0105. J Clin Oncol
41. Segawa Y, Kiura K, Takigawa N, et al. Phase III trial comparing docetaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy
with mitomycin, vindesine, and cisplatin combination chemotherapy with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy in locally
advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: OLCSG 0007. J Clin
42. Albain KS, Crowley JJ, Turrisi AT 3rd, et al. Concurrent
cisplatin, etoposide, and chest radiotherapy in pathologic
stage IIIB non-small-cell lung cancer: a Southwest Oncology Group phase II study, SWOG 9019. J Clin Oncol
43. Belani CP, Choy H, Bonomi P, et al. Combined chemoradiotherapy regimens of paclitaxel and carboplatin for locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomized
phase II locally advanced multi-modality protocol. J Clin
44. Wang L, Wu S, Ou G, et al. Randomized phase II study
of concurrent cisplatin/etoposide or paclitaxel/carboplatin
and thoracic radiotherapy in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2012;77:89–96.
45. Curran WJ Jr, Paulus R, Langer CJ, et al., Sequential vs.
concurrent chemoradiation for stage III non-small cell lung
cancer: randomized phase III trial RTOG 9410. J Natl Cancer Inst 2011;103:1452–60.
46. Aupérin A, Le Péchoux C, Rolland E, et al. Meta-analysis
of concomitant versus sequential radiochemotherapy in
locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol
47. O’Rourke N, Roqué I Figuls M, et al. Concurrent chemora-diotherapy;in;non-small;cell;lung;cancer.;Cochrane;Data-